- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 Frescados Fajita-Style Flour Tortillas, heated
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 8 oz each), each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tilapia fillets (about 8 oz each), each cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup prepared tomato salsa
Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together sweet potatoes, 4 tsp oil and Tex-Mex seasoning; arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Mix panko with remaining oil. Season tilapia with salt and pepper; toss in flour, then dip in egg, then panko mixture. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden and fish is just cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise with chipotle until blended. Assemble lettuce, salsa, sweet potato wedges and fish in warm tortillas. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture.
Tip: For tropical flavor, substitute mango salsa for tomato salsa.