- Yield: 12 servings (2 tacos per serving)
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 24 Frescados Taco-Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp prepared hot Red Thai curry paste
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (regular, not natural)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Asian-style hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 Thai red chilies, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 12 green onions, sliced
- 12 lime wedges (optional)
Spicy Peanut and Lime Sauce: In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry curry paste for 1 or 2 minutes or until fragrant. Whisk in peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar until combined. Bring to simmer; simmer for 4 or 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Assembly: For each serving, in small sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp (.3 oz) oil over high heat; stir-fry 1/2 cup (4 oz) cubed chicken, 1/2 tsp garlic and 1/2 tsp ginger for about 1 minute or until chicken is browned. Add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp fish sauce and 1/4 tsp hot sauce; stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Meanwhile, warm 2 tacos according to package directions. Divide stir-fried chicken between 2 tacos.
Toss cabbage with chilies. Top each taco with 1 tbsp (.2 oz) shredded cabbage and 1 tbsp (.2 oz) bean sprouts. Drizzle each taco with 1 tbsp peanut sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp green onions. Serve with lime wedge (if using).
Per 1/12 recipe