Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Yield: 12 servings (1 cannelloni per serving)
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 12 Frescados Garden-Vegetable Flavored Wrap
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups ricotta, drained and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Filling: In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion with garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft and tender. Add spinach, salt and pepper; sauté for about 5 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt. Stir in basil. Let cool completely; chop finely.
Stir together ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, eggs and nutmeg until blended. Stir in spinach mixture and parsley. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use or up to 4 hours in advance.
Assembly: Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease full hotel pan (2 1/2-inches deep). Add half of the tomato sauce to bottom of pan. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
Spoon 1/2 cup (4 oz) filling down along center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in sauce. Top evenly with remaining sauce; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbling, filling is heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut cannelloni in half before serving; sprinkle with parsley. For each serving, serve two cannelloni halves.
Per 1/12 recipe