Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Burrito
- Yield: Serves: 6
- Prep Time:30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- 6 Frescados Burrito Grande Style Flour Tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1 1/2 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup strained puréed tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Add rice to bowl of slow cooker. Stir together chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, diced onion, chipotle, garlic, cumin, chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper. Pour over rice. Top with chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken with 2 forks; fluff rice with fork.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, toss together red onion, vinegar, sugar and remaining salt. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly pickled.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- To serve, spoon chicken and rice evenly down along center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border at either end. Top with avocado, pickled onions, sour cream and cilantro.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly starting from the bottom.
Tip: For a vegetarian option, substitute cauliflower florets for chicken and vegetable broth for chicken broth.