Skip to content
- Yield: 12 tacos
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 12 Frescados Taco Grande Flour Tortillas
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 pork shoulder (about 3 lb)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle (12 oz) beer
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Stir together chili powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, oregano, brown sugar, salt and pepper; rub all over pork.
- Place pork in slow cooker. Scatter onion and garlic over top. Pour beer and lime juice over pork. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours until very tender.
- Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Shred pork using two forks and toss with 1 cup of the cooking juices. Return to slow cooker and set on Warm until ready to serve.
- Serve pulled pork in warmed tortillas with salsa, avocado, green onions and radishes. Serve lime wedges on the side.