- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Frescados Taco Style Tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Arrange 12-cup muffin tin upside down on baking sheet. Brush both sides of each tortilla with olive oil; nestle each tortilla in cavity between four cups to form bowl shapes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes; transfer to rack. Let cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Beat together eggs, salt and pepper. Melt butter in nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; pour eggs into skillet. Cook, without stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is just set. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or until large curds are formed and eggs are set. Spoon eggs into tortilla bowls.
- Top eggs with black beans, bacon, avocado, cheese and salsa. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tip: Spice up this breakfast with hot sauce, pickled jalapeño peppers, picante salsa, chipotles in adobo sauce or all of the above for some serious heat.