Quick Indian Chicken Tacos
- Yield: 12 tacos (6 servings)
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 12 Frescados Taco Style Flour Tacos, warmed
- 1½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1½ tsp red curry powder
- ¾ tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup prepared butter chicken sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¾ cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup matchstick cucumbers
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Season chicken with red curry powder, and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Preheat pressure cooker or Instant Pot on BROWNING or SAUTE function according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add oil and butter; cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
Stir in butter chicken sauce; cover and lock. Pressure-cook on high setting for 15 minutes. Release pressure naturally, according to manufacturer’s instructions, before removing lid.
Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, mint, lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, and remaining salt and pepper.
Assemble butter chicken in tortillas with feta cheese, cucumbers and green onions. Drizzle with yogurt sauce.
• Substitute 1 tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp paprika for red curry powder if desired.
• Alternatively, cook in slow cooker on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.