Pulled Jackfruit Tacos
- Yield: 4 tacos
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 4 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas, warmed
- 2 cans (14 oz each) unripe green or young jackfruit in brine, drained, rinsed and shredded
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chipotle Pineapple Salsa, for serving
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook jackfruit for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to brown around edges.
- Stir in salsa and barbecue sauce; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Spoon pulled jackfruit down along center of each warmed tortilla, leaving 1-inch border.
- Top with pineapple salsa, lettuce, avocado, radishes and cheese.
Tip: Young green or unripe canned jackfruit works best for this recipe. Ripe jackfruit is sweeter and has a different texture then unripe jackfruit, so it doesn’t make a good taco filling.