- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time:40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 12 Frescados Taco Style Flour Tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Mini Chicken Burritos: In medium skillet set over medium-high heat, add oil. Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally to break up chicken for 5 to 6 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and mixture is fragrant.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread refried beans evenly down center of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border and dividing evenly. Top with cheese and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Fold in the sides, then roll up tightly from the bottom.
- Jalapeno-Lime Yogurt Dip: In small bowl, stir together yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, cumin and salt until combined.
- Serve burritos with dip.
Tips: Substitute ground chicken with ground beef, pork or turkey, or use plant-based ground round.
If desired, grill, bake or pan-sear burritos until tortilla is toasted and cheese has melted.