- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Frescados Fajita Style Tortillas
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup prepared granola
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place dates in small heatproof bowl; pour in enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain, reserving water.
- In food processor fitted with metal blade, pulse dates, almond butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and 2 tbsp date liquid, scraping down bowl as needed, until smooth.
- Spread date mixture over one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with granola and coconut. Roll up tightly into log shape. Trim edges and cut into 1-inch pieces. Serve immediately or cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
Tip: Try a variety of filling combinations, such as slivered almonds and raisins or dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.