- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+ 4 hours 10 minutes standing time)
- 12 Frescados Taqueria Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Stir together oil, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chopped cilantro, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; add to resealable plastic bag along with steak. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Shake off excess marinade. Grill steak for 5 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare or until cooked as desired. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble steak in warm tortillas; top with avocado, cheese, cilantro, onion and jalapeño. Serve with lime wedges.
Tips: Serve tacos with pico de gallo or salsa verde on the side if desired; Substitute skirt steak for flank steak if desired