- Yield: 12 servings (2 tacos per serving)
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 Frescados Taco-Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 6 cups shredded cooked roast chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced or shaved celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
Buffalo Chicken: Stir together barbecue sauce, hot sauce and melted butter; toss with chicken. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Slaw: Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic and salt until blended; toss with carrots and celery. Stir in chives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving and up to 4 hours.
Assembly: For each serving, reheat 1/2 cup (3.6 oz) Buffalo Chicken filling in sauté pan or in greased hotel pan, covered, in 350F oven until heated through. Keep warm during serving.
Warm 2 tacos according to package directions. Fill each taco with 1/4 cup (1.8 oz) Buffalo Chicken Filling. Top each taco with 2 tbsp (.8 oz) Slaw and 1 tbsp (.3 oz) crumbled blue cheese.
Per 1/12 recipe