- Yield: 4 to 6
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 Frescados Burrito Style Tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas, overlapping one another, in bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined. Fold in mozzarella, spinach and tomatoes. Pour eggs mixture over tortillas in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are lightly golden. Gently transfer to serving platter. Garnish with chives before serving.
Tips: Add diced cooked ham, chopped bell peppers and chopped onion in Step 3 to make this a western omelet bake.
Alternatively, substitute mozzarella with Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese if preferred.
Make this in an air fryer by arranging tortillas in air-fryer basket instead of cake pan. Proceed with the recipe, and air-fry at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden. Cover the edges with tin foil to prevent burning.