- Yield: 3 to 4 servings (8 tacos)
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 can (16.5 oz) apple pie filling, divided
- •12 oz (1 1/2 cups) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 Frescado Taco Style Tortillas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Into food processor, add 1/2 cup apple pie filling, cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and apple pie spice; process until blended and smooth. Transfer to piping bag fitted with large star tip and refrigerate.
- Chop remaining apple pie filling to make sure apple pieces are smaller than 1/2 inch.
- Meanwhile, in large, shallow bowl, gently whisk together graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with egg. Dredge tortillas in graham cracker crumbs mixture until evenly coated, pressing to adhere.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Cut two large pieces of tin foil (each 18-inches long) and layer on top of one another, then fold into 3 sections, pinching ends to make a “taco holder.” Place holder in air-fryer basket.
- Arrange coated tortillas in foil holder. In batches, cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely.
- Pipe each tortilla with 2 to 3 tbsp of cheesecake filling. Top with remaining chopped apple pie filling.
For a seasonal flavor, substitute apple pie filling with any prepared pie filling, such as cherry, blueberry or even lemon.
If you can’t find apple pie spice, substitute with pumpkin pie spice.