- Yield: 1 Serving
- 2 Frescados Burrito-Style Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican-style cheese
- 1/4 cup refried beans, heated
- 1/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 teaspoon grated Cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or ranch dressing
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedge
Heat heavy 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in skillet; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Top with second tortilla. Cook 30 to 45 seconds until golden brown on bottom and cheese begins to melt. Turn over and cook 30 to 45 seconds longer. Transfer to cutting board or plate.
Spread refried beans over tortilla. Top with chicken, lettuce, salsa and avocado. Place sour cream in resealable bag; snip small corner in bag. Drizzle sour cream over top of tostada. Sprinkle with Cotija cheese cilantro. Squeeze lime over tostada. Cut into 4 wedges.
View the how-to video: