- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 Frescados White Corn Tortillas, cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- Jalapeño Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced pickled jalapeño pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
Heat oil in 8-inch straight-sided skillet set over medium heat until instant-read thermometer reads 350°F. Fry tortilla wedges, in batches, for about 1 minute or until lightly golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
Jalapeño Dressing: Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeño, green onions, garlic, cumin, salt and paprika; set aside.
Divide lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with chicken, cherry tomatoes, black beans, avocado and corn. Drizzle dressing over top. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tip: Substitute cooked turkey, cooked shrimp, leftover sliced roast pork or beef for chicken if desired.