- Yield: 12 servings (2 taquitos per serving)
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes
- 24 Catallia Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 lb boneless Korean-style beef short ribs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp minced red onions
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 12 lime wedges
Korean Short Rib Filling: Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, gochujang, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and garlic; toss with short ribs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ribs and marinade in deep half hotel pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake for about 4 hours or until very tender.
Transfer meat to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes. Shred meat using two forks. Meanwhile, drain fat from sauce. In bowl, whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp of the sauce. Whisk back into pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Combine 1 1/2 cups sauce with shredded meat; let cool completely. (Reserve any additional sauce for moistening beef before service if desired).
Guacamole: Mash together avocados, lime juice, cumin and salt. Stir in green onions and red onions. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Assembly: Heat tortillas according to package directions. Toss rib mixture with cheese. Spoon 1/4 cup (2 oz) filling down along center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray tops with cooking spray. Hold in warming oven for up to 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 425°F. For each serving, bake 2 taquitos for 7 or 8 minutes. Alternatively, bake tray; keep warm for service. For each serving, spoon 3 tbsp (2 oz) guacamole over 2 taquitos. Garnish with 1 tbsp chopped green onions (if using). Serve with lime wedge.
Per 1/12 recipe