- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
24 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas, warmed
4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 pork shoulder or butt roast (3 1/2 to 4 lb)
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 onion, finely chopped
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp sour cream
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp salt
6 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- Chipotle Pulled Pork Tacos: Stir together chili powder and salt. Rub all over pork and place in slow cooker. Stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, onion, chipotle, garlic, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over pork. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for about 4 hours or until very tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; let stand for 15 minutes. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Shred pork with 2 forks and return to cooking liquid in slow cooker. Keep warm.
- Creamy Coleslaw: Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and salt. Toss with coleslaw mix until well coated.
- Assemble shredded pork, coleslaw, avocado and cilantro in warm tortillas.
- Canned chipotle can be portioned into smaller airtight containers or freezer bags, then frozen for up to 1 month.
- Coleslaw can be made up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerated in airtight container.