- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tsp each chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, onion, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over one half of each tortilla; top with chicken filling. Fold tortilla over to enclose filling.
- In separate large skillet set over medium heat, cook quesadillas in batches, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
- Serve with lime wedges, salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
- Use a medley of assorted peppers for a colorful presentation.