Steak Tacos al Pastor with Corn and Pineapple Salsa
- Yield: 12 servings (2 tacos per serving)
- Prep Time:25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 24 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 12 strip loin steaks (6 oz each)
- 3 ears corn
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple tidbits (fresh or canned, drained)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 lime wedges
Steak: Preheat grill to high. Stir together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Brush 1/2 tbsp of spice mixture all over steak; grill steak to order for 3 or 4 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Corn and Pineapple Salsa: Brush corn with oil. Grill on greased grill over medium-high heat, turning, for about 12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender; let cool slightly. Remove kernels from cob.
Stir together corn, red pepper, jalapeno, pineapple, red onion, lime juice and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
Chipotle Crema: Stir together sour cream, chopped chipotle and adobo sauce. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.
Assembly: For each serving, warm 2 tacos according to package directions. Fill each taco with 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) steak and 2 tbsp (1 oz) Corn and Pineapple Salsa. Drizzle each with 1 tbsp (.5 oz) Chipotle Crema. Garnish each taco with 1/2 tbsp ( 0.1 oz) cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedge.
Per 1/12 recipe