- Yield: 12 servings (2 tacos per serving)
- Prep Time:45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 24 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Tex Mex cheese blend
- 24 fried eggs
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 12 lime wedges (optional)
Mashed Beans: In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is soft and tender.
Stir in beans and water; bring to simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until beans are very tender. Add to food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Tomato Salsa: Stir together tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Season with salt to taste.
Assembly: For each serving, warm 2 tortillas according to package directions. Spread heaping 1 tbsp (.7 oz) mashed beans on each tortilla. Top with 1 tbsp (.1 oz) shredded cheese, fried egg, 2 tbsp (.8 oz) chopped avocado and 1/2 tbsp (1 oz) Tomato Salsa. Drizzle with 1 tsp (.2 oz) sour cream. Garnish with 1/2 tbsp sliced green onions.
Serve with lime wedge (if using).
Per 1/12 recipe