- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Frescados Spinach Wraps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup firmly packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. In food processor, pulse oil, almonds, Parmesan cheese, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper until almonds are finely chopped. Add cilantro; pulse until combined but not completely smooth.
- Spread pesto evenly over wraps. Transfer to lightly oiled baking sheet. Scatter chicken and cheese over top.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle avocado and tomato over top; cut into wedges to serve.
- Substitute crumbled feta or goat cheese for queso fresco if desired.