Skip to content
- Yield: 10 Taquitos
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- 12 Frescados White Corn Tortillas or 12 Frescados Taco-Style Flour Tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- 1 box breakfast sausage links (pre-cooked)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well until color is a creamy yellow. Add to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes while tossing and scrambling eggs. If using spinach, add to pan about 2 minutes before eggs are done to wilt spinach. Remove from pan to cool.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and gently heat the corn tortillas for about 10-15 seconds each side until tender to roll. If using flour, skip this step.
- Place a half cheddar cheese slice in the middle of warmed tortillas then divide scrabbled eggs atop the cheese slice. Place sausage link on top. Roll tortilla up, carefully poking a toothpick through to hold in place.
- Line rolled tortillas on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa.
- To freeze: Prepare and bake as directed. Allow taquitos to cool completely and then place in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, microwave until warm.