- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
8 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas, warmed
1 cup chopped blackberries
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp honey
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 skin-on salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
1/2 chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
2 green onions, finely sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Stir together blackberries, red pepper, onion, jalapeño, garlic, half of the cilantro, lime juice, honey, half of the salt, and cumin. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil and season with remaining salt. Mix barbecue sauce with chipotle. Grill salmon, skin side up, for 3 to 4 minutes or until grill-marked; turn and brush barbecue sauce mixture over top. Close lid; grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until fish just starts to flake with fork. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove skin; flake into large chunks with fork.
- Assemble salmon, blackberry mixture, cabbage, feta cheese, green onions and remaining cilantro in warm tortillas.
- Top tacos with chopped avocado or cucumber if desired.
- Substitute sriracha hot sauce for chipotle if desired.