- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (+2 hours marinating time)
- 6 Frescados Flour Chimichanga Style Tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup root beer
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 flank steak (1½ - 2 lb)
- ¾ cup refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- 1 cup salsa, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Stir together root beer, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oil, garlic and pepper; transfer to resealable plastic bag. Add steak; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Remove steak from marinade and shake off any excess. Grill, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice thinly across the grain.
Spread refried beans over one half of each tortilla. Top with steak, cheese, onion and cilantro. Fold over tortilla to enclose filling.
Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Cook quesadillas, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked and cheese is melted. To serve, cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and lime wedges.