- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes + 4 hours marinating time
- 12 Frescados Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lb beef flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pickled Radish and Red Onion:
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
Steak Marinade: In large bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, hot sauce, honey, cumin and pepper; add steak, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Sprinkle steak with salt; grill, with lid down, for about 4 minutes per side or until nicely browned and medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Pickled Radish and Red Onion: Meanwhile, place radishes and onion in heatproof bowl. In saucepan, stir together 3/4 cup water, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and coriander seeds; bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Strain liquid over radishes and onion. Let stand for 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Strain, discarding pickling liquid.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush tortillas on both sides with oil; place in single layer on rimmed baking sheets. Bake, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisped and lightly browned.
To serve, mash avocados and divide among tortillas. Top with sliced steak, pickled radish and onion, queso fresco and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Per 1/6 recipe