- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- 10 Frescados Taco-Style Flour Tortillas
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 425°F. Mash half of the beans with lime juice; add salsa. Stir in remaining beans, peppers, cheese, salt, cumin, coriander, oregano and chili powder until well combined.
Warm tortillas; place one on clean work surface. Brush with egg all around the edge. Place about 1/2 cup of bean mixture on half of the tortilla; fold other half over and press firmly with fork to seal edges tightly. Place on large baking pan; brush top with egg. Using sharp knife, cut a few vents in top of empanada. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
Bake empanadas for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Per 1/10 recipe