- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 Frescados Chimichanga-Style Flour Tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can (19 oz) black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch each salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. To make tortilla bowls, coat the inside of 4 oven-safe bowls with cooking spray; gently press tortillas inside bowls. Place bowls on baking sheet; bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. (Check tortillas after 5 minutes and reshape if necessary). Transfer to rack; let cool. Note: Tortilla bowls can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing: In food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper; process until smooth. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and chili powder for about 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in beans, corn and salsa; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To assemble: Layer bean filling, avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, Cheddar, cilantro and green onions among tortilla bowls. Drizzle with Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing.
Per 1 burrito bowl